Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Kalo and Siosi Update

Kalo is eight months old and growing so fast! She crawls on all fours and gets into everything. She also pulls to a stand and walks along the furniture. Yesterday she stood all by herself for the first time. It seemed like at least 10 seconds. A long time! Siosi and I cheered and clapped and then she sat down. She babbles mama when she is upset and sees me. I almost think she is saying mama but she's probably too young for that. She plays pretty well on her own but when she is tired she follows me around the house and clings to my legs. When she wakes up in the morning she is always very excited to see Siosi and has the same reaction when Joe comes home from work. I have been experimenting putting her on the toilet. She wets most of the time and has pooped twice. I know she is young but I figure since they do it in other countries, why not here? Diapers are so expensive! Every time I get her to go on the toilet thats one less diaper we have to buy.

Siosi...where do I start. Lately I have really been getting after her for things. She is not very obedient and she argues with me. When I punish her she says, "Hey, that's not nice Mom! Say you're sorry!" She also loves to be naked and refuses to wear clothes. That's what really gets me. I'll tell her to get dressed and come back five minutes later and she'll still be naked. After looking around at other two-year-olds who can't dress themselves and can barely talk I decided to let things go a bit. I realized I am expecting way too much out of her. So today I decided I wasn't going to be upset with her about anything (besides slapping and pushing Kalo) and just let her run wild and free through the house. So far it has been a pretty good day. My stress level is much lower. Siosi loves to go to Grandma's. She asks everyday to go there. She loves to play with her cousins. Ever since the Woffinden's left she asks where they are. She even asks about their dog Koby that they brought. Siosi loves to sing and dance. Her latest song is "I am a Child of God." She learned that one in nursery.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Glad to hear that all is going:). I hope Joe is feeling better (thank goodness everything looks ok) and it was good to see Vanessa and her kids. Your kids are getting big and cuter! Mucho love to you!

Em

PS. We're in Bend and LOVING it! It feels so good to be here. I'll be in the Salem area next week sometime. It would be fun to hook up!

'Uta'atu Family

Introducing...the 'Uta'atu Family!