Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day Weekend



This last weekend our beloved brother Cory passed from the ranks of undergraduates to GRADUATES! Congratulations Cory! We celebrated with him and his family at the park Saturday enjoying an abundance of food. Sunday was of course Father's Day. I have often thought how every day sort of seems like Father's Day. What do we do differently? I make the breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I dress and bathe the kids. I keep the house clean (to the best of my ability!) See, Mother's day is especially special because moms don't have to do the everyday mundane tasks of cooking and cleaning. So this year I tried to think of something a little different. We ate outside! I put a blanket down on the grass and that is where we had our feast of specialty sausages, cherries, and Joe's favorite chips. I guess its more of a day of telling and thanking rather than physically doing the things we always do. We can' t go to work for them. I do feel very lucky to have found Joe. He is the hardest worker this side of Tonga and always gives all of his extra time to his family. He has been working the crappiest job ever but goes everyday despite the unpleasant circumstances. He is extremely loving to the kids and I. He tries to help around the house whenever he can and I must say he is rather good looking. I'm sorry if any of you feel your husband is inferior after reading this.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Aleta...go check out my blog. I just put up the pictures I took at a tongan party we attended here.

'Uta'atu Family

Introducing...the 'Uta'atu Family!