Thursday, October 2, 2008

Porter arrives

I am for the second time this summer (or fallish) an aunt! We had lots of fun with Kimber's girls while she was dealing with the not so fun part of getting Porter here. For all of you who are wondering about this child's name let me tell you a story. David is a little funny with names. He wanted to name Kenzie, his second born, Maria. We had to remind him that he is white and, sorry Dave, we aren't in Italy anymore. Then he decided he had claim on Porter's name since he is a man. That doesn't really work out though. I believe the woman who carries the child for 9 months has automatic rights over name selection. David wanted to name their latest...Dustin Carling Strasser. Need I remind you we already have a Justin Carling Strasser. Confusing? So Kimber stood her ground and I backed her. One day we were driving to the zoo and I was throwing out names that might be better than Dustin Carling Strasser. I know I shouted out Porter Rockwell somewhere during that drive. Am I right Kimber? Also, I must take credit for Cory and Heather's baby's name. Owen Hunter Strasser. I told them to name the child Owen...so they did. Owen is Cory and my dad's middle name.

Kalo had the misfortune of playing in the sandbox with Siosi.
Siosi and Eliana gaze with wonder and awe at the new creature.
The cousins are happy after the birth of baby Porter!
Another dirty, yet always gorgeous face.
In the swing with Kenzie.

So relaxing...Kenzie fell asleep. Ahhh, how cute!

2 comments:

bk said...

you're so lucky to have so many cousins around. eli only has one cousin and he's 4 1/2 hours away.

David and Kimber Strasser said...

YEah thanks for the suggestion. Also those are some cute pictures of the cousins. Thanks for all your help too when Porter was born. My kids truly love you and have so much fun with you!

'Uta'atu Family

Introducing...the 'Uta'atu Family!